Discovering the uses of natural metals was the greatest turning point for mankind. Through many researches and improvements, turning metal into objects equipment, etc has made human life more convenient and modern. However, they are susceptible to the effects of the natural environment such as oxidation and rust, etc. Therefore, finding ways to prevent metal rust is everyone’s concern.
However, it is very difficult to understand and know how to effectively prevent rust on metal surfaces if you are not a skilled worker. So this article of P69 Mechanical Factory will answer all your question, let’s see for more details!
What is metal rust?
– Rust in metal is known to be a fairly common condition that is taking place a lot nowadays. This is a term to describe the corrosion of iron and other metals when oxidized. At this time, the surface will appear and form very fragile scales.
– Usually they will be brown, red or red. For this layer of rust will not have the effect of protecting iron and metal inside. If there is no anti-rust method for the metal surface, it will completely rust and become brittle and easily decompose in the air.
How to effectively prevent rust on metal surfaces
Mechanical Factory P69 will introduce to you 9 effective ways to prevent rust for metal surfaces in the most effective and thorough way. Let’s refer to offline !
Method 1: Use anti-rust oil
– Anti-rust oil is a water-free anti-rust oil, specialized in surface treatment for metal in general. Oil has the function of repelling water on metal surfaces, thus preventing rust, creating adhesion. Because the oil contains rust inhibitors, it helps to create a protective layer on the metal.
– Anti-rust oil is used a lot in companies, factories for factories. However, under practical conditions, it is necessary to use anti-rust oil regularly. When the oil is dry, we need to add new oil.
Method 2: Use anti-rust grease
– With metals that have not been used for a long time. Using an anti-rust opening is also a great way to limit metal-to-air contact. When we need to use it again, we just need to clean the grease that has been applied to the metal surface before.
– This method is often used to preserve small metal items such as knives, scissors, feathers or devices with metal outer shells.
Method 3: Galvanizing
– Iron and steel are protected by the metal layer by normal plating or electroplating. Zinc is often used because it is cheap, adheres to iron and steel.
– Corrosion will start on the zinc layer first instead of the protective iron underneath, so plating only protects the steel for a limited time.
– Aluminum and cadmium are also used in the protective plating of iron and steel.
Method 4: Anti-rust primer ATM
– This step can be considered as passive when rust occurs, use sandpaper or sandpaper to polish the surface, then take ATM anti-rust primer and a layer of anti-rust paint to cover the surface.
Method 5: Anti-rust wrapping paper
– This method is often used to preserve metal objects, which is to create an atmosphere that prevents rust from attacking the metal surface. Buy anti-rust wrapping paper at reputable quality dealers.
– Check and control the humidity of places where rust-prone items are stored to prevent rust attacks.
Method 7: Wash everyday items
– Labor tools such as water, shovel, screwdriver after use, you can dip them in sand buckets or wash them, helping to protect them from rust, increasing the use time for those items. Tools such as hoes and shovels after use, you can put them in a bucket of sand to both clean and help protect them from rust.
Method 8: Use anti-rust paint
– With materials exposed to harsh environments such as boats, regular maintenance checks and anti-rust paint for boats should be carried out. Use two-component epoxy anti-rust paints for painting. Every time you come to land, you need to wash it.
– When going to the sea, it is also necessary to bleach a round of clean foreign water to suffer or use the method of drying metal items to prevent the formation of rust in places such as engines, electronic equipment, bare wires.
– Using anti-rust paint lines and applying an additional layer of oil paint from the beginning, focusing on protecting metal surfaces against rust from the beginning will help you not to worry later or use the most appropriate and suitable method. fit your condition to fit the cost of your family.
Causes of metal surface rust?
– Rust is the result of a chemical process that turns iron into iron oxide. Coming from 2 causes leading to rust are chemical corrosion and electrochemical corrosion. Chemical corrosion will often occur when exposed to steam, moisture and oxidizing gases.
– At this time, the metal will react directly with the oxidizing agent present in the environment causing in the oxidation process.
– The product of this process is an oxide which is reddish brown in color and is formed on the surface of the metal.
– For this metal is very porous, easily absorbs water and quickly disintegrates. This rust will occur over a long period of time, which will weaken the metal.
– If there is no timely handling measures, this material is also very easily damaged.
The levels of rust of metal
The rust of metal is divided into the following main levels:
– Rust grade A: Known as the metal surface covered with a layer of corrugated iron or plating and has little rust.
– Rust level B: With the metal surface starting to rust and the coating has begun to peel off
– Rust level C: This is known as the metal surface that has been stripped of the plating paint, but the pits are still difficult to detect with the naked eye.
– Rust level D: There are obvious rust stains on the metal surface and visible holes in the metal are visible to the naked eye.
– Rust grade G1: There will be a rust-coated surface and the rust layer may partially peel off
– Grade G2 rust grade: There is a metal surface with the rust layer that has been largely peeled off
– Grade G3 rust grade: Known as the metal surface, the rust layer and the rust layer can be completely peeled off.
The address that provides reputable anti-rust solutions
P69 Mechanical Factory is proud to be the number 1 unit in the market providing reputable anti-rust solutions
Here, we own a team of designers, technicians, experienced workers. Well trained with high skill.
The system of equipment, machinery and technology is invested in the most modern and advanced. Guaranteed 100% product quality, genuine products guaranteed.
Customers can directly inspect the product before importing it. Refund if found counterfeit goods.
Various models, designs and product categories to meet the diverse needs of customers. Professional shipping and installation support.
The most competitive quote in the market.
So what are you waiting for, hurry up and contact us for a consultation
Contact information P69 Mechanical Factory
Address: Km 18, Thang Long Boulevard, Thach That Quoc Oai Industrial Park, Hanoi
Office: No. 06/165C, Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Phone: 09666 86 969
Hotline: 0989 188 982