An arc welding machine is a device widely used in the mechanical welding industry such as welding iron, steel, cast iron, tooling,… helps attach hard parts easily form joints welding by arc welding. However, it is very difficult to understand and know about the stainless steel sheet processing process if you are not a skilled worker. So this article of P69 Mechanical Factory will answer all your questions, let’s take a look for more details!
What is arc welding?
– Arc (including high temperature and strong light) is the phenomenon of generating an electric current between two positive and negative electrodes.
– Arc welding is considered a high-temperature molten electric welding process between the welding rod and the solder. The heat concentration in arc welding is often uneven, highest in the middle and gradually reduced to the middle and gradually reduced to the outside. The arc welding process uses electrodes in the form of welding rods, usually with a sheath and without a shielding gas. When the welding rod is lifted out of the solder, there will usually be certain distance, the space becomes a conductor of electricity and generate high temperatures and strong areas of light will create welds.
Basis techniques when metal arc welding
Here are 5 basis arc welding techniques that welders need to master.
1. Current setting
– Depending on the type of electrode used, the device used needs to set up direct current, reverse or alternating current, reverse or alternating current. Need to make sure you equipment is set up properly before soldering.
– The amount of welding current depends on the diameter of the welding rod and the type of welding electrode you use. The soldering iron manufacturer usually provides information about the appropriate line for the soldering iron in the packaging. The welding current can be adjusted according to the following calculation: 1Amp corresponds to 0.0254 mm of welding rod diameter.
– You can let the welding current be low then adjust it up by 5 to 10 Amp and then consider the welding arc length should not exceed the welding rod diameter. When the arc length is too short, it can cause an unstable arc, which an cause the arc to extinguish, the weld pool to harden faster and create high solder flakers.
2. Arc length adjustment
– The arc length depends on the type of welding position. Basically the welding arc length should not exceed the welding rod diameter. When the arc length is too short, it can cause an unstable arc, which can cause the arc to extinguish, the weld pool to harden faster and create high solder flakes.
– Arcs that are too long will cause splashing, slow precipitation and porosity.
Note: For those who are new to welding, the often leave the arc too long, because they want to observe the arc too long, because the want to observe the arc and the welding puddle better should prolong the arc. With a little practice you should be able to guarantee a low spatter weld.
3. Adjust the welding rod angle
For surface welding, the angle of the welding rod should be from 5 to 15 degrees in the direction of the movement, for the vertical position arc welding, the angle of the welding rod should be from 0 to 15 degrees in the opposite direction to the direction of the welding rod.
4. Welding rod operation
Motion along the weld axis maintains and adjust the arc length. Horizontal movement maintains the width of the weld. There are many types of motion: horizontal, continuous and intermittent movement depending on the thickness of the solder.
With thin solder, there is no need for horizontal movement of the welding rod because the width of the arc is enough to sill the weld groove. With vertical welding should pay attention to welding form the top down with thin plates (pay attention to the edge of the weld groove).
5. Adjust welding speed
The welding speed should be such that the welding arc occupies 1/3 of the length of the welding puddle. Welding too slowly will create convex solder scales and do not melt. The arc lost heat cannot melt the solder.
Welding speed is too fast, which reduces the penetration of the weld, uneven solder and does not fill the weld puddle.
What are the classifications of arc welding?
To classify arc welding technology, we can be based on the following 3 factors:
– Classification according to welding current
– Sort by electrode
– Classification according to the way of wiring the electrodes
Method 1: classification of arc welding according to welding current
With the method of classification according to welding current, arc welding is divided into 2 types:
– Welding with alternating current: produces low quality welds, difficult to create arcs. However, Ac welding equipment is simple and low-cost, so in fact, up to 80% of companies and enterprises use arc welding machines with alternating current.
– Welding with DC current: although it is expensive, welding with DC current is quite simple to bring high quality welds easy to create arcs. When welding with DC current, there will be two ways of connecting wires: forward connection (used to weld thin objects, cast iron, needles, etc,) color type by steel welding rod.
Method 2: classification of arc welding by electrode
Similar to the classification by current, the electrode classification method is also divided into 2 types:
– Arc welding according to the non-molten electrode: the welding rod does not melt to create stable arc welding, if it is necessary to add metal to the weld, an additional welding rod must be used.
– Arc welding according to the molten electrode: the molten welding rod is made from a metal or alloy with a composition similar to that of the weld metal.
Method 3: sorting by wiring the electrodes when welding
The method of classification according to the electrode wiring is divided into 3 different types
– Direct wiring
– Indirect wiring
– 3 phase wiring
Advantages of arc welding technology
The reason why many companies, factories and enterprises love and love it is because arc welding technology brings many benefits and advantages over other conventional gas welding methods. The arc welding method is capable of:
– Welding can be done anywhere, at any position in space: you can arc welding in rough or flat positions, high or low, .. easily because the arc welding process is quite quick and easy. exactly
– Welding many different metals and alloys such as: carbon steel, high and low alloy steel, stainless steel, gray cast iron and ductile iron …. arc welding can be used
– Operation when arc welding is very simple and easy to use, does not require learning through special training classes
– These types of arc welding machines are reasonably priced, durable, and user-friendly.
– Has a greater use than other welding methods in the repair and restoration industry
Disadvantages of arc welding
Besides the above advantages, arc welding technology still has some disadvantages such as:
– It is toxic to welders due to exposure to radiation, vapors and toxic gases, so the welder must carefully equip the welding machine with protective clothing and accessories such as welding masks, welding caps, welding glasses… to avoid health effects.
– When welding, there is a lot of metal spatter and slag is required: this is considered a major disadvantage of the arc welding method, to improve this disadvantage – you should use welding tips that help reduce spatter.
– The shape and size of the welds are not uniform due to the unstable welding speed: for arc welding with the most stable quality, you need to choose high-quality, genuine arc welding machines, .. to reduce the risks when welding. In addition, when using a welding machine, you should set the welding mode suitable for the position and product to ensure that there is no need to change many modes.
Prestigious metal arc welding processing address
P69 Mechanical Factory is proud to be the number 1 unit in the prestigious metal arc welding processing market
Here, we own a team of designers, technicians, experienced workers. Well trained with high skill.
The system of equipment, machinery and technology is invested in the most modern and advanced. Guaranteed 100% product quality, genuine products guaranteed.
Customers can directly inspect the product before importing it. Refund if found counterfeit goods.
Various models, designs and product categories to meet the diverse needs of customers. Professional shipping and installation support.
The most competitive quote in the market.
So what are you waiting for, hurry up and contact us for a consultation
Contact information P69 Mechanical Factory
Address: Km 18, Thang Long Boulevard, Thach That Quoc Oai Industrial Park, Hanoi
Office: No. 06/165C, Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Phone: 09666 86 969
Hotline: 0989 188 982